Pages

Wednesday 10 March 2021

Fridays Earthquake

 Fridays Earthquake

Mum wakes me up and says; "Get out of bed Dune, there's an earthquake!" I can't believe I sleeped though that. We headed up the hill as fast as we could...

On Friday very early in the morning, there was a strong earthquake that nearly lead us into a tsunami. I was too panicky to go to school, because where I learn, its right next to the beach.

... When we felt safe, we drove back home and fell back to sleep.


It was quite a boring day. We spent most of our time watching the news to see what we could do, and heard that a small tsunami hit Tokomaru bay. Here is an image to prove it:


We then, went up the hill again and watched over the ocean to see if we were safe...


About an hour later all the warnings were canceled and we could go back to the beach. I didn't feel scared anymore, I felt relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about