Pages

Friday 4 June 2021

Enviro Action day T2 W5

 Enviro Action day

Wednesday was one of my best days of the week. It was another Enviro action day. But this time,  for some reason, it was better than normal action days because instead of sitting on the mat the whole day (and also getting so tired you can't concentrate) we went to the BEACH. Even better, we didn't have the whole school with us so it wasn't so busy. 

Why did we go to the beach? Well, we went to the beach in groups. My group had Amber, Bridie and of course, me. We were picking up rubbish to help the environment.  You know what was great? There wasn't even much GROSS plastic. You know what was even better? There wasn't even much plastic at all. Unfortunately, there was still some waste and mostly glass. That's a bad thing because it's probably the most dangerous.

When we arrived back at school we counted how much waste we had found. That's when I realized how well we went. Our group found 204 pieces of glass. Although I was tired, I was still excited! We could win ( I also forgot to tell you that we could win a prize if you found more waste than everyone else)!

At the end of the day I was SO TIRED. We didn't win, turns out some people found way more waste than us, but I was happy with what we found.  At least our beach is cleaner than it was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about